Sunday 13 March 2016

February Book Review: Trust In Me - Sophie McKenzie



Julia has always been the friend that Livy turns to when life is difficult, they've always told each other everything....or so Livy thought.
But when Julia is found dead in her home, Livy cannot accept that her best friend chose to end her own life. Doubt sets in straight away and Livy sets out to prove that Julia was in fact murdered. Little does she realise that digging into her best friends private life will cause her to question everything she thought she knew about Julia and the truth that Livy discovers can tear her own life apart.
 
 
 
 
Trust In Me is the first book by Sophie McKenzie I have read and I loved it, I was totally absorbed and never wanted to stop reading every page was exciting and I always wanted to know what happened next. This genre of book is definitely my favourite, always leaving you guessing until you reach the end and this one was probably the most shocking twist. Sometimes you read books and maybe half way through you have guessed what's going to happen but I definitely didn't see what was coming with this one, every time I thought I had sussed it something else happened that I wasn't expecting!
I really enjoyed the characters and although you never really meet Julia because it starts with her being found in her home you feel her presence in the book which is really clever.
 
I'd definitely recommend this book to everyone, even if you're not a thriller/mystery novel reader I can guarantee you'd enjoy the suspense of every page.
 
I'll also be checking out Sophie McKenzie's other books, if they are anything like this than they are bound to be brilliant.
 
Have you read this book? I'd love to know what you thought.
Maybe you're going to purchase this book based on this review? Let me know!
 
 
You can purchase this book on Amazon or at other leading book stores.
It's also available to download to your kindle.

Check out Sophie McKenzie on Facebook (www.facebook.com/sophiemckenzieauthor) or follow her over on Twitter (@sophiemckenzie_ )

 
Maxine x 




3 comments :

  1. I've got several Sophie McKenzie books on my bookshelves, including Trust in Me, that I'm yet to read. This has just made me want to dive in sooner!
    :)

    Tea and Cakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good page turner that you cant put down! Sounds fab :)
    Lilies and Lipbalm
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read anything by Sophie McKenzie before but I'm definitely thinking of giving this one a go. Thanks for the recommendation!

    Beka. xo | littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete