Monday 23 October 2017

Leatherface - Film Review







I love horror films, especially the classics such as Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Friday the 13th etc. So when I saw they were releasing another Texas Chainsaw Massacre I couldn’t wait!
Although Leatherface isn’t a sequel or a remake, it’s actually a prequel based on him growing up and how he became the serial killer we know him as.

I’m just going to start by saying I thought it was brilliant! I read a few reviews which didn’t rate it as highly but I thought there was just the right amount of gore and suspense required to make a good horror film. The whole cast, which includes Stephen Dorf and Lili Taylor, were great, each character was played really well and kept the suspense going right until the very end.
If you're a fan of the classics I'd definitely recommend.

So a brief description of the film….Four teens escape a mental asylum taking a nurse who they have kidnapped with them. They embark on a murderous road trip with the Sherriff of the town pursuing them along the way. One of the teens in particular is a disturbed youngster and the events that take place during the rampage mould him into the infamous serial killer we know him to be today, Leatherface.

Let me know if you have seen this film and your thoughts.
Also with Halloween just around the corner, which films do you like to watch around this spooky holiday?

Maxine x

(I do not own the image used in this blog post, no copyright intended) 

No comments :

Post a Comment