Tuesday 12 January 2016

January Fitness Diary - Week One




Following on from my previous post I'm going to be doing a weekly fitness diary throughout January (depending how it goes I might carry it on throughout February until I reach my goal, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves!)
As mentioned in my Fitness Plan post I am following the Slimming World programme and also the Insanity Workout to help me reach my fitness goals. 

In the diaries I'll be showing you what I've eaten throughout the day and also what exercise if any I have done. I hope by doing this I can help inspire you to join in and kick start the motivation! 

Monday 4th January 2016
Now Mondays can be a bit wobbly as it's food shopping day so it might be that we haven't got much 'healthy' food in the cupboards and also this was day one of the plan and the first shopping trip after Christmas which meant all we had was pretty much chocolate and rubbish! 
But I didn't do too bad....considering.

Breakfast - a bowl of golden nuggets cereal with semi skimmed milk

Lunch - Cheese and tomato sandwich with a banana (not too bad)

Dinner - King Prawn stir fry with basmati rice

Water - 1 glass
Snacks - 2 Satsumas
Exercise - None :-( 


Tuesday 5th January 2016

Breakfast - Strawberry Muller light yogurt with porridge oats and blueberries

Lunch - Mexican rice with tuna and crab sticks

Dinner - Ham and Mushroom Omelette

Water - 1 glass (need to improve on this) 
Snacks - Banana and 2 Satsumas
Exercise - Cardio Circuit Insanity Workout


Wednesday 6th January 2016

Breakfast - Same as Tuesday

Lunch - Mushroom rice with sweet corn and peppers

Dinner - Italian Chicken and Tomato soup Slimming World recipe (you can find it here)

Water - 2 glasses (getting better!)
Snacks - Same as Tuesday plus carrot sticks and sweet chilli homous from Morrison's) 
Exercise - None because I pulled every muscle in my body including those I didn't know existed from yesterday! 

Thursday 7th January 2016

Breakfast - Same and Tuesday and Wednesday (I get into a routine) 

Lunch - Leftover Italian Chicken and Tomato soup (always make extra!) with 2 slices of whole meal bread. 

Dinner - Breaded Chicken with chow mein flavour Super Noodles. 
Not the healthiest option but had a rubbish and long day at work! 

Water - 1 glass (slacking again)
Snacks - Same as Wednesday
Exercise - Still injured = none! 

Friday 8th January 2016

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix with semi skimmed milk

Lunch - King prawn, basil and Tomato pasta salad from M&S - best pasta salad ever! 

Dinner - BBQ shredded duck with noodles 

Water - 2 glasses (back on it)
Snacks - Same as above
Exercise - it's Friday!!  


Saturday 9th January 2016

Breakfast - Porridge with Honey (from Costa!)

Lunch - Italian Chicken and tomato soup (Made another batch!)

Dinner - Thai Food - Egg Noodles. Very similar to a Chow Mein but not greasy, it's cooked with fish oil so a lot healthier.

Water - None (oops)
Snacks - Banana, Grapes
Exercise - None

Also had a few diet cokes with vodka with the meal.


Sunday 10th January 2016

Breakfast - Weetabix with semi skimmed milk

Lunch - More Italian Chicken and tomato soup (I'm afraid I may turn into an Italian chicken soon! haha)

Dinner - Now it's a lazy Sunday as always and we were suppose to have steak but ended up just having Nacho's (Face covering monkey emoji)

Water - One Glass
Snacks - Didn't really have snacks today
Exercise - None


You may notice my food can be a bit repetitive but I'm one of those people who end up in a routine and find it a little easier just have the same type of meals - I'm not very creative when it comes to cooking!
Making these food diaries is also great for me to look at and see what I can improve, at the moment I definitely need to get my arse in to gear, do more exercise and drink more water.
If your diet is something you think needs looking at it's definitely worth keeping a food diary so you can see where to improve and maybe change a few things.

 
Maxine x 
                                                                         Follow

No comments :

Post a Comment