Friday 8 January 2016

My Fitness Plan



It's fair to say the most common thing people think about when entering a New Year is Fitness. There's always the thought of wanting to lose weight ready for that bikini on the beach or just improving your fitness in general.

Losing weight is all down to what you're eating and exercise. There are so many things out there to help you along your journey from exercise DVD's to waist trainers (I'd love to try one of these!). Different plans suit different people, what others find really helpful some people may find they don't work for them so you really need to make it about yourself and not just follow something because it's trend or your mates are doing it, you could be wasting your time and money.

I'm definitely one of those people who wants to lose weight and improve my fitness and I'm also one of those people who say this every January! I do enjoy setting goals for myself and working to achieve them so I'm actually looking forward to this fitness journey.

I thought I'd share the tools I'm going to be using for my fitness plan especially for those who are maybe new at this and not sure where to start, also if there are any questions you'd like to ask about any of the tools I'm using I'll leave details below of where you can contact me and I'd love to help if I can!

So as I mentioned above one of the main things to losing weight/improving fitness is what you're eating and not eating will not work! Actually if you eat the right foods, the more you eat the more weight you'll lose (I know!!)
To do this I follow the Slimming World plan and personally I find it amazing. Again this is one of those things where it may not suit everyone so it's a trial and error thing, if you haven't followed a diet plan like this it may be best if you try a few out like Weight Watchers and find out which you prefer.
Just a quick overview of Slimming World, they work on 'Syns'. You can have 5-15 syns daily but not everything has Syns, for example Fruit, Vegetables, Meat, Fish are all free so you can eat them until your hearts content but a chocolate bar could be anywhere from 6-9 syns!
If you're interested in Slimming World visit their website, there are loads of tips and also recipes.




Second main thing to lose weight/improving fitness is exercise, this is the part where a lot of people, including myself, need that motivation! So this is the best part to set a goal for yourself, maybe join a gym, go to a few classes a week, start going swimming, join a running club, join a dance class...there are endless things to do and it can be really fun...honest!
Now obviously I haven't done a lot of exercise so far as I've just started my plan but I am back on the Insanity workout, you may of heard of this or seen it advertise, it is literally insane!
When I see these exercise DVD's advertise and those really enthusiastic people appear ripped abs, flat stomachs, toned arms and they want you to join them...I think ok I really don't think you are looking like that because of this DVD...however that was before I started Insanity (I'm starting to sound like one those people!) I can't recommend Insanity enough, it's so worth the money and if you follow the calendar plan that comes with it you will notice the difference in 60 days! It's definitely the most effective at-home exercise regime I've done (and trust me when I say I have done so many of the exercise DVD's!)
I'm also hoping to get back into running but at the moment I'm still in hibernation and I'm definitely not one of those people who go out in the cold and dark to run!

Just a few other things I'd recommend;

Pinterest - brilliant for workout ideas and recipes etc
Instagram - #slimmingworld is great as people post their meals and progress, you can also join in and help others gain motivation
Twitter - search for the fitness pages even if it's those who post motivational quotes, it all helps.
Slendertoxtea - I've recently been sent this and will be using with my fitness plan, I've always wanted to try the detoxes so I'm looking forward to seeing how it works, there'll be a separate post for this :)

So there you have it, my fitness plan. I hope this inspires you enough to get your motivation started and maybe join in with any of the above.
I'll be posting weekly updates through January (every Sunday) with my food diary and what exercises I have done that week so make sure you follow me on Bloglovin and Twitter!

If you'd like to be crazy like me and start Insanity you can purchase it here.

Let's chat fitness! Let me know your goals and keep me updated on your journey.
Email - maxinesanders8922@gmail.com
Twitter - @Chatterboxmax

Maxine x
Don't miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin'!

                                                                       Follow

All opinions are my own.




No comments :

Post a Comment